M&E Building Services Validation
Intrusive Validation surveys help to identify underlying issues that would not be seen from a visual survey. Our expert Validation team can undertake surveys to record performance, condition, and capacity of plant, equipment and systems; informing design, helping manage risk and prioritise repair works.
Clients come to us for comprehensive and detailed intrusive validation surveys that can help indicate the potential life expectancy of plant and systems. Our M&E surveys would normally include the isolation of mechanical plant and electrical circuits for detailed inspections/tests.
Surveys can include pipework condition either by endoscopic inspection or even offsite examination by a metallurgist, boiler condition and operation, chiller condition and operation, temperature and humidity monitoring, water quality testing, Electrical Test and Inspection, Low Voltage Panel inspections,, busbar testing, fire alarm including cause and effect testing, lighting level (including emergency) testing, electrical load monitoring and thermal imaging.
Following any intrusive survey, we provide independent reports to cover the findings. These reports normally cover the following items:
- Detailed description of the plant and systems installed within the building
- Executive summary covering any evidence of key issues and defects
- Limitations and obstructions that affect the scope of the inspection
- Photographs of defects with problems specifically highlighted
- A clear summary that provides the ability to prioritise remedial actions
- Recommendations for further inspections where applicable
- A full list of accessible and inaccessible areas
- Appendices include test results and marked up drawings
The benefits of Intrusive M&E Surveys:
- To evaluate mechanical and electrical plant and systems and advise on the condition and suitability for ongoing use and life expectancy.
- To identify any significant defects that would adversely affect the performance of the building services
- To help prioritise and recommend maintenance actions and identification of critical spares.
- Recommend intrusive inspections outside the scope of the condition survey.
“A formal and systematic appraisal of the condition of an item in respect of its ability to perform its required function.”
BS3811 definition of a condition appraisal