We are proud of our involvement on Manchester’s world-class health innovation and precision medicine campus ‘City Labs 2.0’ which has now reached practical completion.
This is part of a £60m, 220’000 sq. ft expansion within the ‘Manchester Foundation Trust’ hospital campus to construct City Labs 2.0 & 3.0. These buildings will become a national hub for precision medicine and data analytical businesses which are designed to help accelerate innovation in these sectors and adopt them within patient care at pace and scale through collaboration. The expansion will also bring an additional 750 jobs to the city whilst adding an economical growth in excess of £100m.
City Labs 2.0 is the first phase of the campus expansion boasting Grade A office space and state of the art laboratory facilities. Our role was to carry out the commissioning validation role working on behalf of Sir Robert McAlpine to ensure that the commissioning of all building services systems met the project requirements and industry standards such as BSRIA and CIBSE
Our specific duties included:
- Detailed commissionability reviews of drawings and schematics
- Production of a detailed commissioning plan that described the roles, responsibilities and actions to be completed throughout all phases of the project
- Chairing of commissioning management meetings to discuss programme, progress, risk register and key commissioning related activities
- Reviewing the methodologies for all commissioning activities
- Witnessing of specific LTHW & CHW system cleaning tasks to ensure BSRIA guidance was followed to allow handover of successfully clean and treated systems to the client
- Witnessing of pump and fan performance to ensure that future fit-out works will be achieved in line with the design requirements
- Utilization of ‘Banyards Insite’ commissioning tracker system powered by Microsoft Power BI – This allows access for our clients to a live system in which they can check on commissioning progress, methodology status, downloading of reports and certification, and much more…