We’re looking for people who want to join our team, make a real difference and enhance our business with their expertise.
As an Investors in People Gold business, we have a strong focus on career development and training and are dedicated to making a difference through our environmental and corporate social responsibility programmes.
Due to our growth and success, we are looking for an experienced Commissioning Manager to join our team in London, working as part of our successful and growing UK wide Commissioning division.
We’re known for being straight-talking, honest and approachable whether we’re working in the commercial, health, education, hotel & leisure, residential or retail sectors. Our clients trust us to deliver the results they need on time and within budget.
We encourage and reward personal and professional development and welcome career progression. Building your capability and developing your career is good for you and good for us.
At Banyards we recognise the commitment our people make, we believe in rewarding commitment by offering great benefits, some of our favourites are shopping discounts, volunteer days, flexible working and funding for work related training and development.
The overarching aim for our Leadership and People Team is to create a great place to work, so you want to join us and stay with us! With ‘’Gold’’ accreditation from ‘’Investors in People’’ and regular staff feedback, we have a continual focus on how we can keep making Banyards better.
Collaboration and teamwork are a vital part of the Banyards experience, and the way we work together, celebrate together and support each other is a unique part of life at Banyards.
Our core values are central to all we do; together, we are:-
- Successful People
- Safe People
- Do the right thing People
- Relationship People
- Can Do People
What is the role?
To manage and oversee projects in terms of Commissioning Management / Verification. To ensure the projects meet and our client’s expectations in terms of project programme, compliance, quality, and safety. To manage the commissioning process ensuring all parties are working together to achieve the commissioning requirements.
What you’ll be doing
- Understanding the specific details and demands of our project briefs
- Overseeing the complete building commissioning process from start to finish
- Commissionability reviews
- Developing commissioning plans, schedules, reports, checklists and test scripts
- Attending and managing off site factory tests and associated reports
- Documenting commissioning and installation progress
- Conducting and documenting the results of inspections and tests
- Managing and arranging testing requirements
- Financial control including working within our resource allowance (hours to spend)
- Working to project timescales and deadlines
- Collaborating closely with the general contractor’s team to devise commissioning strategies and processes that align with project timelines and objectives
- Participating in project meetings as necessary
- Conducting technical evaluations of project schedules, drawings, and technical submissions
- Maintaining high standards to drive repeat business
- Providing technical support during client discussions
- Working collaboratively with both internal and external team members
- Reporting delays as additional expenditure, and obtaining site instructions with signed work record sheets
- Supplying ongoing progress reports and producing final project report
- Facilitating third party approval and relevant sign off
- Project safety
- Project documentation
We’d like you to have experience in
- Reviewing the Mechanical, Electrical and Public health design and producing an associated Commissionability report
- Production of commissioning plans and strategies
- Production of commissioning specifications
- Chairing of commissioning meetings with associated minutes
- Off site factory acceptance testing
- Production and management of commissioning programmes (using Asta Power Project or Microsoft Project)
- Reviewing and commenting on M&E commissioning method statements
- Production and management of progress of tracking schedules
- Production and issuing of progress reports
- Management and witnessing of Mechanical and Electrical static testing
- An understanding of water treatment process (if possible)
- Management and witnessing of Mechanical and Electrical functional testing
- Management and coordination of cause and effect and integrated system testing
- Management of project handover
- Post-handover requirements such as seasonal testing and soft landings
- Being responsible for all aspects of site safety for yourself and others including risk assessments and toolbox talks
- Evaluating labour requirements against the programme and tender submissions
- Producing commissioning completion reports
- Knowledge of CIBSE and BSRIA Codes and guides
- Knowledge of BREEAM and LEED
- Competent level of Microsoft Office 365 Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and Project
We’d also like you to have
- Excellent at developing business relationships delivering client satisfaction
- A proactive approach to spot what is required and a “Can do” attitude
- A commercial awareness and understanding of business expectations, which leads to excellent results.
- Behaviours that fit our vision and core values
- Ability to operate independently using own initiative as well as collaboratively in a positive team environment
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the challenges of the business.
- Willingness to take on tasks as required
- Proven ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Articulate with excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills (via email, telephone and face to face)
- A desire to embrace new challenges and achieve personal development
- Personal drive, passion and meticulous attention to detail
- Desirable to have Commissioning Specialists Association Level 4 or above
- Desirable to have completed the CSA Introduction to Commissioning Management course
- In depth technical expertise of mechanical and electrical building services systems
- Well informed of current regulations and awareness of changes in the industry
- 6+ years of commissioning experience
A real opportunity to work with an award-winning company, a collaborative and motivated team and blue-chip clients whilst being recognised, rewarded, inspired, and working with friendly colleagues. All this in a fantastic environment in which to work combined with a genuine opportunity to create and grow your role.