M&E Validation Surveys
The City Business School
Date of Completion
Cass Business School was founded in 1966, its MSc in Administrative Sciences began in 1967 with the transition to MBA in 1979. In 2002 the school moved to new premises in the London Borough of Islington and changed its name as part of a strategy formed by Lord Currie of Marylebone, to compete as an international business school in a market dominated by US universities The school had previously been spread out across the City of London’s Barbican Centre development.
Half of the £40 million funding for the new building came from the reserves of City University of London. The school also received a gift from the Sir John Cass’s Foundation, founded in 1748 to educate children in the City of London. The school changed its name to reflect the support of the Foundation.