Midlands Electrical Commissioning Manager
We’re looking for people who want to join our team, make a real difference and enhance our business with their expertise.
As an Investors in People Gold business, we have a strong focus on career development, training and we are dedicated to making a difference through our environmental and corporate social responsibility programmes.
Due to our growth and success, we are looking for an experienced Electrical Commissioning Manager (CxM) to join our team in the Midlands who will be working as part of our successful national Commissioning Management division.
We’re known for being straight-talking, honest and approachable whether we’re working in the commercial, health, education, hotel & leisure, residential or retail sectors. Our clients trust us to deliver the results they need on time and within budget.
We encourage and reward personal and professional development and welcome career progression. Building your capability and developing your career is good for you and good for us.
At Banyards we recognise the commitment our people make, we believe in rewarding commitment by offering great benefits, some of our favourites are shopping discounts, volunteer days, flexible working and funding for work related training and development.
The overarching aim for our Leadership and People Team is to create a great place to work, so you want to join us and stay with us! With ‘’Gold’’ accreditation from ‘’Investors in People’’ and regular staff feedback, we have a continual focus on how we can keep making Banyards better.
Collaboration and teamwork are a vital part of the Banyards experience, and the way we work together, celebrate together and support each other is a unique part of life at Banyards.
Our core values are central to all we do; together, we are:-
- Successful People
- Safe People
- Do the right thing People
- Relationship People
- Can Do People
What is the role?
To manage and oversee projects in terms of electrical Commissioning Management / Verification. To ensure the projects meet and our client’s expectations in terms of project programme, compliance, quality, and safety. To manage the commissioning process ensuring all parties are working together to achieve the commissioning requirements.
What you’ll be doing
- Overseeing the complete building commissioning process from start to finish
- Developing commissioning plans, schedules, reports, checklists and test scripts
- Documenting commissioning and installation progress
- Understanding the specific details and demands of our project briefs
- Conducting and documenting the results of inspections and tests
- Managing and arranging testing requirements
- Financial control including working within our resource allowance (hours to spend)
- Working to project timescales and deadlines
- Collaborating closely with the general contractor’s team to devise commissioning strategies and processes that align with project timelines and objectives
- Participating in project meetings as necessary
- Maintaining high standards to drive repeat business
- Providing technical support during client discussions
- Working collaboratively with both internal and external team members
- Reporting delays as additional expenditure, and obtaining site instructions with signed work record sheets
- Supplying ongoing progress reports and producing final project report
- Conducting technical evaluations of project schedules, drawings, and technical submissions
- Managing and documenting results from offsite factory tests
- Facilitating third party approval and relevant sign off
- Project safety
We’d like you to have experience in
- Reviewing the Electrical design and producing an associated Commissionability report
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Public Health systems
- Production of commissioning plans and strategies
- Production of commissioning specifications
- Chairing of commissioning meetings with associated minutes
- Factory acceptance testing
- Production and management of commissioning programmes (using Asta Power Project or Microsoft Project)
- Reviewing and commenting on Electrical commissioning method statements
- Production and management of progress of tracking schedules
- Management of Electrical off-site testing
- Production and issuing of progress reports
- Management and witnessing of Electrical static testing
- Management and witnessing of Electrical functional testing
- Management and coordination of cause and effect and integrated system testing
- Management of project handover
- Post-handover requirements such as seasonal testing and soft landings
- Being responsible for all aspects of site safety for yourself and others including risk assessments and toolbox talks
- Evaluating labour requirements against the programme and tender submissions
- Producing commissioning completion reports
- Knowledge of BREEAM and LEED
We’d also like you to have
- Excellent at developing business relationships delivering client satisfaction
- A proactive approach to spot what is required and a “Can do” attitude
- A commercial awareness and understanding of business expectations, which leads to excellent results.
- Behaviours that fit our vision and core values
- Ability to operate independently using own initiative as well as collaboratively in a positive team environment
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the challenges of the business.
- Willingness to take on tasks as required
- Proven ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Articulate with excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills (via email, telephone and face to face)
- A desire to embrace new challenges and achieve personal development
- Electrical qualifications
- Desirable to have Commissioning Specialists Association Level 4 or above
- Desirable to have completed the CSA Introduction to Commissioning Management course
- In depth technical expertise of electrical building services systems
- Well informed of current regulations and awareness of changes in the industry
- 6+ years of commissioning experience
A real opportunity to work with a collaborative and motivated team, employer and blue-chip clients. A fantastic environment in which to work combined with genuine opportunity to create your role and grow whilst being recognised, rewarded, inspired, and working with friendly colleagues.