Last week Banyards attended the CIBSE Young Engineer and Employer of the Year Awards held at the Institute of Mechanical Engineering in Westminster. The awards represent one of the highest accolades in the industry for a young engineer and also for a company that takes pride in investing in training its staff and is recognised accordingly.
This year Banyards were honoured to be nominated for "Employer of the Year – Small Company". As part of the application process Sam Kench was invited to provide his experience of the Banyards training programme, which was KEY us to being shortlisted for the award.
We are proud to have been one of only two shortlisted 'Small Companies' in the category. On the night the award went to InTandem Systems who then went on to take the overall (small, medium and large company) Employer of the Year Award.
We would like to extend our congratulations to Raphael Amajuoyi who won the 2017 Graduate of the year award
The CIBSE Employer of the Year shortlist was:
· Small category - Banyards and InTandem
· Medium category - Hurley Palmer Flatt and Elementa Consulting
· Large category - Buro Happold and Norman Disney and Young
Finalists for the CIBSE ASHRAE Graduate of the Year award are:
· Raphael Amajuoyi of Hurley Palmer Flatt and Loughborough University
· Kathleen Hetrick of Buro Happold and University of Texas
· Kiyomi Honjigawa of Buro Happold and Heriot-Watt University
· Sharon Kidaha of Cundall and University of Sheffield
· Lucas van Laack of Foster and Partners and University College London
· Arton Merovci of Laing O'Rourke and London South Bank University
· Ana Recio of Arup and University of the West of England